Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hawaiian Presence at the Seattle Travel Show

I have only written one post on my blog about a hotel in Hawaii, but I am heading to the Seattle Travel Show this weekend, and to my great delight there are a number of exhibitors from Hawaii who will be representing tourism in the Islands. When you have lived somewhere, or been a regular visitor you tend to see things through your own lens, and often forget that there is so much more out there! At the Seattle Travel Show, some of the exhibit highlights for me will be:

Hawaiian Airlines - My airline of choice when visiting the Islands, and when travelling from Seattle to Sydney.

Big Island Visitor's Bureau - Although I lived on Oahu and spent most of my time there, my trip to the Big Island was one of the most amazing travel experiences I have had - I have never seen anything like the active volcanoes in my life.

Maui Visitor's Bureau - I have been to Maui a couple of times and enjoyed it very much. However I know there is a lot more to explore (besides Lahaina and the shopping) and I am looking forward to getting more info so I can write more about Maui on my blog.

Oahu Visitor's Bureau - Undoubtedly my favorite Hawaiian Island. I think I know a lot about Oahu and what it has to offer, but I hope I will be pleasantly surprised with what I have been missing....

There are some other great exhibitors who will be at the event, including Norwegian Cruise Line, Paradise Cove Luau, Kona Beach House and Hilton Waikoloa Village. If you live in Seattle and are looking for a weekend activity, head to the Seattle Travel Show - its cold outside but once you visit all the Hawaiian exhibitors, you will feel like you are in paradise. Its on from 10am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday, and tickets for adults are $8.


Doing what I do best - Hanging out at the Ritz Carlton in Maui

No comments: