Monday, January 19, 2009

Entertainment Facts About Hawaii

I feel terribly slack for not doing a blog post in nearly a week. If I told you about the week I have had you wouldn't believe me! However I am involved with a fun project at work for Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, and they are hosting their 6th Annual Living Legends of Aviation Ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on Thursday night. There will be some cool celebrities there such as Sir Richard Branson, Harrison Ford and Morgan Freeman, just to name a few. Without going into too much detail, perhaps you can imagine the week I have had given the info above, and that this project is in addition to the full time job I already have....say no more....

Given that I have been working in the celebrity circles last week and this week, I thought it might be nice to write about some entertainment trivia related to Hawaii. If you are like me and read People, US Weekly, Life & Style etc on a regular basis you would know that Hawaii is the playground for many celebrities and many have homes in the Islands as well. Test out your knowledge on these fun bits of trivia!

Questions
1. What were the first two Hollywood movies filmed on location in Hawaii in 1913?
2. What Hollywood star, while vacationing at the Moana Hotel in 1917, frequently entertained children along Waikiki Beach?
3. How many Academy Award nominations did the film Hawaii receive?
4. What were the ticket prices when Elvis Presley played the Honolulu Stadium in 1957?
5. Kauai doubled as a remote island inhabited by shipwrecked schoolboys in what 1989 remake of William Golding's novel?

Answers
1. Hawaiian Love and The Shark God
2. Charlie Chaplin
3. Seven
4. $1.50 and $3.50
5. Lord of the Flies

No comments: