Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Hawaii Trivia - The Big Island

It's Aloha Friday - again. Every week when I write a post on a Friday I really can't get over how quickly the week has passed me by. I think it's true that as you get older the days end faster. I better be careful - I may blink and be 50 if I am not careful - ugh!

Friday is now my regular day to post some interesting Hawaii trivia - and today its all about the Big Island, otherwise known as the island of Hawaii. Check your knowledge with this quick Q&A:


Questions
1. How old is the Big Island estimated to be?
2. How many days per year does it rain in Hilo?
3. How many coffee farms are in Kailua-Kona?
4. What is considered the world's most active volcano?
5. What is Hawaii's highest free-fall waterfall?


Answers
1. It is the youngest in the Hawaiian Island chain at only about one million years old.
2. Approximately 278 days per year.
3. About 650.
4. Kiluea.
5. Waipio's Hiilawe Falls, with a drop of more than 1,000 feet.

No comments: