Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

I was lucky enough to take the day off work today, which is great as I get to catch up on all the things I can never do during the week due to my crazy schedule. One thing I promised myself I would do over this extra long weekend was a LOT of blog entries. I love writing this blog as it connects me with Hawaii, and connects my readers too. I really miss being there, and as Thanksgiving and my 30th birthday are happening tomorrow, its makes me reflect on all the good times I had in Hawaii, especially around my birthday. One thing that John does for me every year is he bakes a cake - and he is not the best in the kitchen, so this gesture is very sweet. We don't usually eat much of it, but its the thought that counts! And this year, if the cake wasn't enough, we will be at home on my birthday to watch my favorite football team, the Dallas Cowboys, kick butt against the Seattle Seahawks - ahhh I can't wait!

Usually for Thanksgiving, I would cook something for lunch or dinner - but this year, we are doing it right. So tonight, off to Ray's Boathouse for dinner, and Friday night, off to SeaStar with our favorite friends Debbie and Brian - looking forward to a catch-up!

I still have next to no voice thanks to the New Kids concert - but it was worth it. I do have a good appetite though and plan to indulge over the Thanksgiving holiday - I have been working so hard at the gym for the last few months, so its time for a treat. If I was in Hawaii, I think I would be heading to Alan Wong's for the degustation menu, or, for something more relaxed I would head to Duke's Waikiki for some live music and delicious calamari. Whatever you do this Thanksgiving, enjoy!

No comments: