Did you know.......
- Hawaii is the most isolated population center on the face of the earth. Hawaii is 2,390 miles from California; 3,850 miles from Japan; 4,900 miles from China; and 5,280 miles from the Philippines
- Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows coffee
- The Hawaiian Islands are the projecting tops of the biggest mountain range in the world
- Hawaii has its own time zone (Hawaiian Standard Time). The time runs two hours behind Pacific Standard Time and five hours behind Eastern Standard Time
- Iolani Palace (Oahu) is the only royal palace in the United States
- Two of the tallest mountains in the Pacific - Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa - dominate the center of Hawaii (Big Island)
- Most of the world's macadamia nuts are grown on Hawaii (Big Island)
- Haleakala Crater (Maui), is the world's largest dormant volcano
- From east to west Hawaii is the widest state in the United States
Interesting huh? Hawaii has a lot to offer from a history perspective. I enjoy learning something new every day.