Friday, November 14, 2008

Aloha Friday!

This week has moved quickly, and as I stare out the window in Seattle, I dream of Hawaii and the beautiful weather. Right now in Seattle it is gray, overcast, and downright miserable. Yuck. Fortunately I have so many awesome Hawaiian memories to get me through the bad days. I have been thinking a lot about my good friend Catherine lately and the fact that she is coming for a visit next year. She is now hooked on Hawaii like me, so no doubt she will be doing a quick stopover from Sydney on her way to Seattle. Catherine stayed with us when we lived in the tiny apartment in Pau St - and boy did we have a great time! With hubby away it was a great chance to catch up on some much needed girl time. We did the usual, shopping, cocktails, shopping, more shopping and tanning. It was awesome. I just came across I picture that I took of Catherine when we were having lunch one day at Cheeseburger Land- one of my favorite places to eat in Waikiki. Modeled on the famous Cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant chain made famous by Jimmy Buffet, this place rocks for indulgent burgers and fries. Perfect with a few beers - just be sure not to eat there too much - lots of calories!

Catherine - Can't wait to see you in Seattle real soon. No beach here but plenty of shopping and cocktails!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: