Monday, February 2, 2009

Who Doesn't Love Chocolate?

Chocolate is my weakness. If I have it anywhere near me I can't help but shovel it into my mouth, no matter what time of the day. In fact, with my coffee this morning I had to have a few Peanut Butter M&M's, just because they were on the kitchen counter. This may explain why I can never shed those 10+ pounds that just won't go away!

A few months ago John and I went on a Chocolate Box tour in Seattle, and it was most interesting (and delicious). We got the opportunity to visit a chocolate factory, and eat some superior quality chocolate. So you can imagine my happiness when I received an email this morning in my inbox from Lei Chic, with some gift ideas for Valentines Day, with the focus on Hawai‘i Chocolate. With the vacation only a few days away, I am really excited to get to O‘ahu and find this chocolate - yum! Some of the chocolates mentioned include:

Malie Kai chocolate bars are made on the North Shore using cocoa from cacao trees grown on former Dole Pineapple plantation land.

Waialua Extra Dark chocolates are made from the same O‘ahu-grown ingredients, but are sold only at the Dole Plantation store in Wahiawa.

The Original Hawaiian Chocolate Factory in Keauhou makes chocolate in small batches using cocoa from trees grown on the same property where the chocolate is made.

Read all about Lei Chic's chocolate recommendations here.

No comments: