Friday, June 5, 2009

Wyland Waikiki Is No More....

During my last visit to Hawaii we stayed at the Wyland Waikiki. We had such a great time during our stay and would definitely have stayed there next time we went back. However in the news this week it was reported that the Wyland is no longer the Wyland - it's now a Courtyard by Marriott. I am really bummed about this! Not only is this no longer an Outrigger property (it is still managed by Outrigger) - it is much more expensive to stay there! I went to the Marriott website to see how they were promoting/branding the property, and they have rooms listed from US$209 per night, which is much more than we paid when we stayed at the hotel. I also didn't notice any special deals or offers like the Wyland had offered previously (we had a stay 2 nights, get one night free deal), so I am thinking that our last visit to that hotel may have been our last. Too bad, we really liked it and would recommend it.

Looks like I will have to start looking around for another diamond in the rough - any suggestions?

No comments: