Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some Good News for Hawaiian Airlines

With the travel industry facing some tough times as it competes for people's discretionary dollars, Hawaiian Airlines announced yesterday that the number of passengers carried by in March increased by 18% over the previous month. Unfortunately, but almost expected, Hawaiian’s load factor for March had declined by 3.1% to 84.6% as compared to March 2008.



Hawaiian Airlines is Hawaii’s largest and longest-serving airline, and the second-largest provider of passenger air service between the U.S. Mainland and Hawaii. They also offer flights to the Philippines, Australia, American Samoa and Tahiti. I first discovered Hawaiian Air after getting a great air and hotel package for my first vacation to Honolulu from Sydney, Australia. Their great service and affordable prices have made me a customer for life and I travel with Hawaiian Air whenever possible. As if their complimentary meal service of breakfast burritos, sandwiches or pasta wasn't enough, Hawaiian now offers all passengers the choice to upgrade their meal for just $10. The $10 meals are chicken Caesar salads, Greek salads and sushi plates, depending on the route. I love it!


I had mentioned this on my blog a week or so ago, and I will say it again - if you have some vacation time up your sleeve and you want to get away, now is a great time to book fantastic travel packages, particularly to Hawaii. With occupancy rates continuing to fall, there are a number of hotels all competing for your business. Be sure to look around online for the best deals and if your dates are flexible you will be more likely to save even more. If I hadn't just been to Hawaii in February I would be booking another trip! If only I could convince my husband that we need a weekend away.....

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yeah! Hawaiian Air is the only way to prolong your trip to Hawaii by at least 10 hrs (if traveling from mainland USA). I just recommended them to a friend who had never been - hoping she takes my advice. It's gotta be good when locals and tourists alike can I heartily agree on a service.