The Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa has been selected as one of the 10 best family resorts in the United States and Caribbean, according to Parents Magazine. The survey results, which will be published in the magazine’s March issue, were released yesterday.
The Hilton Hawaiian Village ranked 8th overall in the best-resorts survey, which was conducted among family travel agents and tourism boards.
Evaluation criteria included range of family activities, quality and uniqueness of supervised children’s programs, size and quality of rooms, safety factors such as lifeguards, fun features for parents, and overall financial value. Sadly, there is a lack of presence in the top ten for west coast resorts, and many resorts selected were in overseas locations, which can make it tough if you don't have a passport.
The top 10 resorts for families according to the magazine are:
1) Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
2) The Franklyn D. Resort, Runaway Bay, Jamaica
3) South Seas Island Resort, Captiva Island, Florida
4) Loews Miami Beach Hotel, Florida
5) Beaches, Turks & Caicos
6) Loews Coronado Bay, San Diego
7) Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, Ixtapa, Mexico
8) Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, Hawaii
9) Winnetu Oceanside Resort, Edgartown, Martha’s Vineyard
10) Wild Dunes, Isle of Palms, South Carolina
For those with families, where do you like to stay in Hawaii? Is the Hilton Hawaiian Village on your list of top hotels? I've always loved the Hilton, not only for the location but their gorgeous wedding chapel and super cute penguins!