Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Review of ReboundTAG


Towards the end of last year I was lucky enough to be given a ReboundTAG to review (thanks Silvie). I used the tag during my trip to Hawaii for Thanksgiving towards the end of 2009.

It's hard to review a product when its purpose is to help you relocate your lost luggage! Thankfully, my luggage made it to and from Seattle without any problem, so its difficult to confirm if this product actually serves its purpose. Here’s what I do know though:

  • The tag is lightweight and the same size as a regular baggage tag, so it’s convenient. However, there is nowhere to write your name or any other details on the tag so you still need to put two luggage tags on your bag.

  • When you purchase the tag and sign up for the ReboundTAG tracking service, the tag comes with 3 years of service, meaning that after 3 years you have to reactivate the tag, so it can become quite costly over time.

  • I wasn’t able to find a list of airlines on the ReboundTAG website that currently have the capabilities to use the Rebound Tag should you lose your luggage, so this makes me think that perhaps the program is not yet mainstream and still needs some work.

I love the concept of the ReboundTAG, however I do think there may still be some fine tuning required for it to become more affordable and successful on an international scale. For more information about the tag, head to their website http://www.reboundtag.com/ , or you can email them at info@reboundtag.com.

If you have one of these tags, do you like it? Have you ever lost your luggage and had it returned thanks to the ReboundTAG? Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

No comments: