Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Heart of Being Hawaiian

There are a lot of books about Hawaii that have been written, from travel guides, to fiction, to cook books. I often have trouble deciding on a book to read because of the abundance of choice. When it comes to books about Hawaii, I also want to read something original and authentic. So, when I first read about "The Heart of Being Hawaiian", by Sally-Jo Bowman in Hawaii Magazine, I thought that it was worth purchasing and would make for a fascinating read. I just received my copy in the mail and I look forward to reading it this weekend. Sally's book focuses on a journey of discovery as she tries to define what it truly means to be Hawaiian, and how her life experiences and teachings help her find the answers to that question.

You can purchase Sally's book through Watermark Publishing. I look forward to writing a review for this book in the next couple of weeks. If anyone else has read the book I would be interested to know your thoughts.

No comments: