Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hawaii on a Budget

With Christmas fast approaching and the economy in steady decline, I am watching my wallet very carefully. Everything seems to be more expensive (food, clothes, you name it). So as I start preparing for my next trip to Hawaii in February, it got me thinking about things that we could do that wouldn't break the bank. Hawaii has so many wonderful natural resources that you could plan a vacation on $50 per day or less (or maybe less depending on how savvy you are!). Here are a few things that I will be doing while I am there that won't break the bank:

1. Swim at Waikiki Beach
2. Watch the sunset
3. Get a bus pass and travel around Oahu for 4 days for $20
4. Go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay (only $5 entry fee)
5. Climb the Koko Head Crater
6. Walk to the top of Diamond Head
7. Head to Chinatown for great food that is inexpensive
8. Rent a kayak and head out in the surf
9. Visit the Dole Plantation
10. Visit Pearl Harbor

No comments: