Monday, April 19, 2010

Travelers Like the iPad?

I read an interesting article this morning on MediaPost about the iPad and why it might be the next 'must-have' for travelers. Writer Kevin McKenzie talks about the importance of the iPad to travelers, who up until recently have used their laptop and smartphone to stay connected. But now, consumers are looking for a greater mobile experience; they want faster downloads, quick browsing, a range of mobile applications and more entertainment options. The iPad allows travelers to check their email and stay connected to their work, but also provides users with plenty of things to play with. Read the complete article here - do you agree?

Will travelers be the first to adapt to the iPad and what does that mean for companies who are trying to reach consumers? I'm a traveler and unless the price of the iPad comes down, I'm unlikely to be joining the bandwagon any time soon. With my laptop and smartphone I can do just about anything. Combine that with some juicy gossip magazines and a Wi-Fi enabled plane ride and I don't think I would have time for the iPad! I look forward to seeing how the technology evolves and the change in consumer habits and tastes as a result.

No comments: