Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get Rid of Jet Lag!

If you have ever done any long distance travel, it’s likely that you have suffered from jet lag at some point. The worse case I have had was when I travelled from Sydney, Australia, to Seattle, WA, via Hawaii, all in a 24 hour period. It literally took me 24 hours to recover, because I didn’t prepare and plan accordingly! I have just booked another long distance haul to Australia, and this time, I’m not taking any chances when it comes to jet lag. Here are my top three tips to help you recover quickly next time you travel:


1. Break Up Your Trip – If you are planning a long trip (i.e. to the other side of the globe), you may want to break it up with an overnight stay half way. Better yet, why not do a mini-vacation on the way to your destination?

2. While Travelling – Avoid or limit alcohol and caffeine and drink plenty of water – there is nothing worse than being drunk on a 12-hour flight.

3. Upon Arrival– Stick to the local time zone. If you arrive in the afternoon, get outside and enjoy the sun, and stay up as long as you can to adjust to the time zone. If you need to nap, make sure it’s only for an hour or two, otherwise you will be out of whack for a day or two.

No comments: