Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Did Someone Say Coffee?

One of my favorite things in the world is coffee.  And thankfully, coffee is plentiful in Hawaii.  Did you know that Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows coffee beans?  If you get a chance, next time you visit Hawaii try and purchase some Kona Coffee - but only the bags marked 100% Kona coffee - there are many different coffee labels that claim they have Kona coffee in them, but many have 10% or less so you have to read the fine print.  The difference between 10% and 100% is substansial.

What's your favorite way to drink coffee?  I personally love espresso coffee, but there are so ways to prepare coffee, depending on your type of coffee maker. My husband prefers the drip variety, but in Australia, we are very spoiled when it comes to coffee, and drip coffee is not something that is a standard in most homes.

I just had my morning coffee from Starbucks (hey, cut the jokes, I like in Seattle) and am ready for a productive day thanks to the two shots of espresso I just ingested.  Yum!

2 comments:

emilyf said...

I really like your blog! I'm from Hawaii, too, so its great to see what other people have to say.

I'm now a follower :)

Natalie Malloy said...

Thanks Emily, I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for following me!
Aloha~Natalie