Friday, November 20, 2009

Time for Hawaii Time

As I get ready to head out on my well deserved and much needed vacation, it got me thinking about how Hawaiian people live on their own time - "Hawaii Time".  Hawaii time is slowing down, taking a breath, and doing things at your own pace, all in good time.  I was talking to my husband last night about how annoyed I will get if I have to wait in line at the Starbucks in Waikiki (there is a 99% chance of that happening) - when I realized that vacation is all about taking a break, slowing down and being able to unwind.  Will it really matter if I have to wait 5 extra minutes for my Latte?  Probably not.  Maybe that's why living in Hawaii is such a dream - its Hawaii time all the time.  Even if you are not in Hawaii for Thanksgiving, why not use the time to slow down, breathe deeply, and appreciate your surroundings.  Aloha!

No comments: